A healthy Carbonara! Well, it's not particularly unhealthy anyway. This is another brilliantly quick and easy dish, takes the same time as the pasta takes to cook and that's it done - even quicker if you use fresh rahter than dried pasta.
- 1 Tsp Olive Oil
- Pinch Salt
- Plenty of Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 2 Tsps Parsley (more if using fresh)
- 150g Linguine (or pasta of your choice)
- 2 Egg Yolks
- 5 Slices/60g Prosciutto Ham (or any type of ham or bacon)
- 25g Grana Padano Cheese (or Peccorino is another favourite!)
Cook linguine in a pot of salted water with a little olive oil
In a bowl mix salt, lots of freshly ground black pepper, parsley and finely grated padano cheese (or other hard cheese) and chopped prosciutto (I using bacon cook it first and chop into pieces)
Once pasta is cooked, drain and return to pot, mix in the cheese etc, stir quickly until ham is cooked
Add beaten egg yolk, stir in very quickly and as evenly as possible, serve immediately - use warmed plates as this has a tendency to cool quickly.
|Nutrition Data Per Serving|
|Fruit & Veg||0.0|
Maybe serve with a salad to get some veg! Or garlic bread... does garlic count?