Tuesday, 11 May 2010

Mmm-mmmm. That is a tasty burger.

Mine was better ;)

Today was a good food and exercise day!

Breakfast was porridge with rice milk and spiced maple pecan butter, much better than yesterday's porridge! I do love the spicy maple pecan butter stuff in porridge, not so keen on it otherwise - well it was great when it was still whole pecans before I blended them, but they were just too addictive and sticky!

For my mid-morning snack i had a pear, but they're still not ripe! I bought the bag when it was reduced to 10p thinking I'd have to use them all in the next day or two! Think ripe for me please! I really want a pear...

Lunch I had  big pot of yogurt with mostly defrosted morello cherries and homemade granola (I made my lunch during an ad break in Glee so it was a bit rushed!)

In the afternoon I had a cashew cookie Nakd bar, a banana and a pumpkin seed Ryvita with Philidelphia before heading to the gym.

Back to the weights today which felt good! Though I got off to a rubbish start on a dodgy cross trainer - I was on level 1 and could barely move my legs! I put the resistance up and it got incredibly easy, for about 20 seconds, then it stiffened up again and this repeated until I gave up! I was relieved to see someone else had the same issue and I wasn't just doing it wrong! After full body weights I had an easy ride on the bike for 15 minutes.

I was starving when I got home so I had a Sculptress protein shake while I cooked my dinner.

Now that was a tasty burger!

I chucked a small red onion and 120g beef mince into my food processor and mooshed. Then fried in  a little oil* for around 5 mins each side. For the last few minutes I added some mange tout and spring onion with garlic salt to the pan, followed by two slices of parma ham.

I topped my burger with goats cheese (naturally!) and the crisp parma ham, served with the mange tout and spring onion.

*this isn't quite true, my boyfriend had made an omelette when I was at the gym and I I just re-used the same (unwashed) pan :D

Nom.

I've got another Sculptress protein shake to have now and then my stats will look like this:

Calorie Summary

Carbohydrate (g)151.8
Fat (g)78.1
Fibre (g)16.1
Fruit & Veg4.4

13 comments:

1. *ripe thoughts*

your porridge sounds lovely! I love maple pecan (too much).

I need to order nakd bars. There are no stockists here anymore :(

ReplyDelete
  2. How have you been finding the sculptress shakes? I've used them before after christmas to help me shed excess pounds, I'm thinking of going back on them before my holidays. Which flavour do have? I'm hoping that if I replace my usual snack and evening desert with a shake for a couple of weeks I might drop a couple of pounds, just enough to give me some slack for holiday eating! That burger looks tremendous by the way! xx

ReplyDelete
  3. I'm veggie but that burger still looks good! btw, if you put the pears next to a banana they will ripen up quickly! x

4. StellaDoesHealthyEating12 May 2010 at 11:25

Ah banana's! I'll need to get some tonight! Thanks for the tip :)

5. StellaDoesHealthyEating12 May 2010 at 11:27

Thank you for your ripe thoughts!

Have you tried Tesco recently? The two near me have started stocking them as of a week ago1 I was so excited!

ReplyDelete
  6. Was beaten to the banana tip - but if you put it in a paper bag with a couple of pears, they should ripen up quickly.

Btw, Waitrose has the new Nakd bar flavours - but in their health foods section, not the cereal bars section.

7. StellaDoesHealthyEating12 May 2010 at 11:43

The Sculptress shakes are good, though to be honest I wouldn't buy them from Maxitone again as My Protein have a similar shake which is much better value - http://www.myprotein.co.uk/products/mp_max_elle_true_diet
    The Maxitones ones are £30 for 700g or £50 for 1.5kg, My Protein is only £30 for 1.8kg! The nutrition stats on both are basically the same. My Protein shakes also tend to taste better and mix better - I have sculptress in chocolate and banana and usually half half of each as the banana is too sweet. If you order anything from My Protein the code MP220944 will get you a wee 5% off :)

I'm thinking of replicating the burger tonight! I told my boyfriend I'd make him one if he runs with me :D

8. That burger looks YUMMY! x

ReplyDelete
  9. Do you have a recipe for your homemade granola? I love granola but find a lot of the shop-bought ones are full of sugar. I only recently found your blog and am loving it. Thanks for all the great ideas!

ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for the tip with the myprotein shakes, I will definitely be getting them rather than the maxitone!

11. StellaDoesHealthyEating14 May 2010 at 16:48

Have got a paper bag and a banana now - you're mine pears!

Annoyingly we don't get Waitrose up here :(

12. StellaDoesHealthyEating14 May 2010 at 17:01

I do have a recipe somewhere... I used similar to this http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/1590/goodforyou-granola
    but with agave nectar in place of the maple syrup and the oil. It was really just a mix of dried berries, nuts, seeds, cinnamon, dessicated coconut, little bit of honey and agave nectar, just enough to get it sticking together in clumps - then 25 mins in the oven.

ReplyDelete
  13. the first time i've actually been able to find the nakd bars were in brighton in infinity foods, and i'm actually addicted to them, especially the chocolate orange one, it tastes so much like terrys chocolate orange!

as you've mentioned that they are in tescos, i will have a look in my nearest supermarket. do they sell them in boxes or individually?