I'm a bit annoyed about the food to be honest, I was at the dentist on Friday and she prepared a tooth for a crown but I need to wait two weeks to get the crown fitted, so I have a horrible stubby little tooth that's pretty weak and I can't eat on the right side of my mouth! I thought this would mean I would eat less and be less likely to eat the awkward unhealthy foods like crisps and sweets, but it's actually not been a problem at all so I'm having to rely on self-control - oh dear!
On Monday I wanted to try out the Fitness Yoga class at the gym but it was full so I signed up to Gliding Blast instead - I had no idea what it was at all but was only half an hour long and started at the perfect time for me. Then I checked the Yoga bookings and saw there was now one space and signed up for that too! Oh how I regretted that decision! It was totally fine at the time but the next 3 days I was in agony! Honestly, I've only hurt that bad and for that long maybe twice before! By the end of day 3 (Thursday) I started getting even more sore but it turned out to be because I was coming down with something. I'm not sure what it was/is so I'm seeing a doctor tomorrow, hopefully it'll be something straightforward. I'm currently at the stage of being convinced I have a stomach ulcer, but it's most likely just a bug, I think! Anyway, I did want to make this the week I got back into going to the gym regularly but the pain and being ill meant that didn't work out. Try again this week - persistence, not perfection, is the key after all.
I did *love* the yoga class though and can't wait for my next! It was ashtanga yoga and a really tough workout, I wasn't expecting that and did think I probably wouldn't enjoy it. I surprised myself with how much of the class I could keep up with it and learned that my balance is actually not that bad! Co-ordination remains my weakness, I struggled with the warm up to the Gliding Blast class! It was a class based around body weight exercises so co-ordination didn't really come into it, but in the warm up she was doing side step-y things and then added an arm movement and I just lost it completely! Stuck to legs only for the rest of it... this is why I don't do classes!! The Gliding class was a bit silly, you use little slidy pads to make squats, lunges, press ups etc more difficult basically, but I liked that it was short and that yoga starts 10 minutes later so I'll be signing up to both when I can.
Since I've been struggling to stick to my plans I'm going to try and do a post once a week where I get my plan for the week ahead set out and review how I did with the previous weeks plan. It wont be a rigid plan, more of a framework or something.
This week, starting Monday I am aiming for:
- Keeping my food diary for at least 5 of the 7 days, everything I eat I need to get into the habit of logging. It's too easy for me to see I have gone over and think there's no point in filling the rest in, but I know that just means I'm more likely to eat rubbish for the rest of the week! And yes I am counting points with Weight Watchers. I know a lot of people seem to look down on this, which is weird because far less people had a problem with me counting calories, which is essentially the same thing. I don't like that it is hard to stay within my allotted points if I eat healthy foods that are high in fats - avocado, nuts, seeds, but butters, full fat dairy products, coconut oil, but as long as I know the reasons I am going over the points allowance are good then that is fine. I also already know how to eat to ensure I get a good balance between protein, fat and carbs so I don't need to worry about that really, I can tell if I'm eating too much from one group and not enough from another by how I feel. I am fed up of counting calories and counting points has been good for a change, I still don't love it, but I've gained weight that I want to lose, needs must...
- Exercise 3 times for at least 30 minutes. It's not a lot. It's better than nothing and I don't know how well I'll feel for the week so I'm easing in with a small goal here.
- Make a full meal plan. I want to plan all my meals and snacks, I often only plan dinner which leads to me being disorganised with breakfast, lunch and snacks, which often leads to making poor choices. I work full time and I leave home at 6.40am, I find it too difficult to get up earlier than I already do to give me time to eat breakfast at home, plus the thought of eating at 6am makes me feel ill! I can't stomach food first thing, I need a coffee and time to fully wake up before I can eat. This means packing breakfast up to eat in work, as well as lunch and a couple of snacks. I need to make sure I prepare and pack everything the night before or else I'll end up being tempted by the vast canteen, amazing made to order sandwiches or Starbucks cakes in work - it's tough to resist!
- Stick to the damn plan! This is the hard part actually! I have a bad habit of thinking I just don't fancy what I've planned to have, but I don't know what I do fancy. Nine times out of ten if I just eat what was planned I really enjoy it anyway. I'm not going to be totally rigid with it and I'm happy to swap a couple of days around, as long as I use up all the food I bought for the week on healthy meals and snacks. If I plan properly I will only have the foods in to make the meals planned so this should be easy enough
- Stop spending so much money on unnecessary food and drink. I swear I have issues around spending, I just can't help myself. I have convinced myself not to spend money on clothes since hopefully they wouldn't fit in a couple of months time, I've managed to cut way back on buying magazines as they just weren't getting read. But I have replaced these with spending on food and drinks in between the weekly food shop, I don't needed it, I'm wasting money and I'm gaining weight!
- Blog more.
- Drink more tea and less coffee. For no reason other than I don't need to add anything to tea, it doesn't make me feel mental if I have too much, and I have loads of the stuff!
That will do for now! I have another post on the way, just a bit of a catch up with food but don't want to make this post too long!
Hope everyone has had a good weekend - I can't believe it's nearly over!